Adele Laurie Blue Adkins, well-known as Adele, is a famous English singer and songwriter who has received various awards and nominations. She is considered to be one of the talents in the music industry. Here are some facts you need to know about Adele:
- Adele was raised only by her mother from the age of two.
- She graduated from the 'Brit School' for 'Performing Arts and Technology' in May 2006. She was a classmate of Leona Lewis and Jessie J in the school.
- Her career began when a friend of her posted her song demo on 'Myspace', which led her to sing a contract with XL Recordings.
- She rose to fame after releasing her second album, '21', which was inspired by the break-up with her former partner and has hit number one in more than 26 countries.
- Her first album, '19', re-entered the UK album chart alongside with her second.
- Similar to her first and second, '25', her third album was another massive commercial success which was sold 3.38 million copies in its first week of release and debuted at number one in more than 25 markets as well as broke first-week sales records in multiple countries.
- In 2011, she underwent throat surgery because of her smoking habit, which made her eventually realized that it could have killed her so she decided to quit smoking. The surgery was also a threat to her music career as she had to cancel her tours and concerts for months.
- She mentioned that Spice Girls, Etta James and Dusty Springfield have been very influential to her passion for music.
- She has performed in many charity concerts throughout her career such as the 'Little Noise Sessions' held at London's Union Chapel, the 'Brooklyn Academy of Music', for the VH1 Divas event, a free concert for Pride London, a registered charity which arranges LGBT events in London, etc.
Name: Adele Laurie Blue Adkins
Date of Birth: May 5, 1988
Place of Birth: Tottenham, London, The UK
Occupation(s): Singer, Songwriter
Genre: Soul, Pop, Blue-eyed soul, R&B
Instruments: Vocals, guitar, drums, bass
Mother: Penny Adkins
Sibling: Cameron O'Sullivan
Partner: Simon Konecki (2011–present)
Children: Angelo James Konecki (Born October 19, 2012)
Labels: XL, Columbia
- 19 (2008)
- 21 (2011)
- 25 (2015)