Name: Hugh Michael Jackman
Date of Birth: October 12, 1968
Place of Birth: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Occupation(s): Actor, Singer, Producer
Father: Christopher John Jackman
Mother: Grace McNeil
- Ralph Jackman (brother)
- Ian Jackman (brother)
- Sonya Jackman (sister)
- Zoe Jackman (sister)
- Ava Eliot Jackman (daughter)
- Oscar Maximilian Jackman (son)
- 1994 Law of the Land as Charles "Chicka" McCray Episode: "Win, Lose and Draw"
- 1995 Correlli as Kevin Jones (10 episodes)
- 1995 Blue Heelers as Brady Jackson Episode: "Just Desserts"
- 1996 The Man from Snowy River as Duncan Jones 5 episodes
- 1998 Halifax f.p. as Eric Ringer Episode: "Afraid of the Dark"
- 2001 Saturday Night Live as Himself/Host Episode: "Hugh Jackman/Mick Jagger"
- 2003 57th Tony Awards as Himself/Host TV Special
- 2004 58th Tony Awards as Himself/Host TV Special
- 2005 59th Tony Awards as Himself/Host TV Special
- 2006 An Aussie Goes Barmy as Narrator 1 episode
- 2006–2007 Punk'd as Himself 2 episodes
- 2007 Viva Laughlin as Nicky Fontana Episode: "Pilot", also executive producer
- 2008 An Aussie Goes Bolly as Narrator 6 episodes
- 2009 81st Academy Awards as Himself/Host TV Special
- 2010 Sesame Street as Himself Episode: "Tribute to Number Seven"
- 2011 WWE Raw as Himself/Host Episode: "955"
- 2011 Saturday Night Live as Daniel Radcliffe Episode: "Ben Stiller/Foster the People"
- 2013 Top Gear as Himself Episode: ""20.4""
- 2013 Christmas in Washington as Himself/Host TV Special
- 2014 WWE Raw as Himself/Host Episode "1,091"
- 2014 68th Tony Awards as Himself/Host TV Special
- 1995 Beauty And The Beast as Gaston (Australia)
- 1996 Sunset Boulevard as Joe Gillis (Australia)
- 1998 Oklahoma! as Curly McLain (West End)
- 2002 Carousel as Billy Bigelow (Off-Broadway)
- 2003 The Boy from Oz as Peter Allen (Broadway)
- 2006 The Boy from Oz: The Arena Musical as Peter Allen (Australia)
- 2009 A Steady Rain as Denny Broadway
- 2011 Hugh Jackman: in Performance as Himself (California)
- 2011 Hugh Jackman: in Concert as Himself (Canada)
- 2011 Hugh Jackman: Back on Broadway as Himself (Broadway)
- 2014 The River as The Man (Broadway)
- 2015 An Evening With Hugh Jackman as Himself (Istanbul)
- 2015 Broadway to Oz as Himself (Australia)
- 1999 Erskineville Kings as Wace
- 1999 Paperback Hero as Jack Willis
- 2000 X-Men as Logan / Wolverine
- 2001 Kate & Leopold as Leopold
- 2001 Someone Like You as Eddie
- 2001 Swordfish as Stanley Jobson
- 2003 X2: X-Men United as Logan / Wolverine
- 2004 Profile of a Serial Killer as Eric Ringer
- 2004 Van Helsing as Gabriel Van Helsing
- 2004 Van Helsing: The London Assignment as Gabriel Van Helsing (Voice)
- 2005 Stories of Lost Souls as Roger
- 2006 Happy Feet as Memphis (Voice)
- 2006 Flushed Away as Roddy (Voice)
- 2006 The Prestige as Robert Angier
- 2006 The Fountain as Tomas/Tommy/Tom Creo
- 2006 Scoop as Peter Lyman
- 2006 X-Men: The Last Stand as Logan / Wolverine
- 2008 Deception as Wyatt Bose
- 2008 Australia as The Drover
- 2008 The Burning Season as Narrator (Documentary)
- 2009 X-Men Origins: Wolverine as Howlett / Logan / Wolverine
- 2011 X-Men: First Class as Logan / Wolverine
- 2011 Snow Flower and the Secret Fan as Arthur
- 2011 Real Steel as Charlie Kenton
- 2012 Butter as Boyd Bolton
- 2012 Rise of the Guardians as Bunnymund (The Easter Bunny) (Voice)
- 2012 Les Misérables as Jean Valjean
- 2013 Movie 43 as Davis
- 2013 The Wolverine as Logan / Wolverine
- 2013 Prisoners as Keller Dover
- 2914 X-Men: Days of Future Past as Logan / Wolverine
- 2014 That Sugar Film as Himself (Documentary)
- 2014 Dukale's Dream as Himself (Documentary)
- 2014 Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb as Himself
- 2015 Chappie as Vincent Moore
- 2015 Me and Earl and the Dying Girl as Himself (Voice)
- 2015 Pan as Blackbeard
- 2016 Eddie the Eagle as Bronson Peary
- 2016 X-Men: Apocalypse as Logan / Weapon X
- 2017 Logan as Logan / Wolverine
- 2017 The Greatest Showman as P.T. Barnum
- 2018 Larrikins (Voice)
Hugh Jackman is an award winning Australian actor, singer, and producer, who is famous for his long-running role as "Wolverine" in the "X-Men" Film series. He has starred several lead roles in different kinds of film genres, as a superhero, period and romance character. These are some things you need to know about Hugh Jackman:
- Jackman's parents were English who immigrated to Australia as part of the "Ten Pound Poms" immigration in 1967. They were separated when Jackman was eight.
- After the divorce, Jackman remained in Australia with his father and brothers while his mother went back to England with his sisters.
- Jackman was educated at Pymble Public School, Knox Grammar School, Uppingham School in England, and the University of Technology, Sydney. He graduated in 1991 with a BA in Communications.
- He took a drama course in his last year of university to make up additional credits. Joining the course, he then realized how he loved acting and decided to make a living out of it.
- He was not the first "wolverine" in the "X-Men" Film series but a last-minute addition to the cast. Dougray Scott was originally cast as the role, but his previous movie, "Mission Impossible II" (2000), required two extra months of shooting.
- According to People magazine’s, Jackman was one of “50 Most Beautiful People in the World” 5 years in a row, 2000-2004.
- He met his wife, Deborra-Lee Furness, on the set of Australian TV Show "Correlli" and married her in 1996. They have been married for more than two decades.
- In an interview with "Parade Magazine", Jackman described himself as a religious christian who dedicated every performance to God.
- He can not see clearly without his contacts because he is terribly near-sighted.
- He is one of Hollywood talents who has earned a lot of awards for his roles, such as Golden Globe Award for Best Actor(2013), Tony Awards for Best Lead Actor in a musical (2004), Saturn Award for Best Actor (2000), etc
Photos of Hugh Jackman: