Name: Daniel Jonathan Stevens
Place of Birth: Croydon, Surrey, England
Date of Birth: October 10, 1982
Spouse: Susie Hariet (m.2009)
- Willow (daughter born in 2009)
- Aubrey (son born in 2012)
- 2004 Frankenstein as Henry Clerval
- 2006 The Line of Beauty as Nick Guest
- 2006 Dracula as Lord Arthur Holmwood
- 2007 Maxwell as Basil Brookes
- 2007 Agatha Christie's Marple as Michael Faber
- 2008 Sense and Sensibility as Edward Ferrars
- 2009 The Turn of the Screw as Dr. Fisher
- 2010–12 Downton Abbey as Matthew Crawley
- 2013 The Tomorrow People as TIM (voice)
- 2014 Once Upon a Time: Wicked Is Coming as Narrator
- 2014, 2016 High Maintenance as Colin
- 2015 SuperMansion as Bunsen (voice)
- 2017 Legion as David Charles Haller / Legion
- 2009 Hilde as David Cameron
- 2011 The North London Book of the Dead as Speaker
- 2011 Babysitting as Spencer
- 2012 Vamps as Joey
- 2012 Shallow as Richard Dove
- 2013 Summer in February as Gilbert Evans
- 2013 The Fifth Estate as Ian Katz
- 2014 The Guest as David Collins
- 2014 A Walk Among the Tombstones as Kenny Kristo
- 2014 The Cobbler as Emiliano
- 2014 Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb as Sir Lancelot
- 2015 Criminal Activities as Noah
- 2016 The Ticket as James
- 2016 Norman: The Moderate Rise and Tragic Fall of a New York Fixer
- 2016 Colossal
- 2017 Beauty and the Beast as The Beast
- 2017 Permission as Will
- 2017 Marshall
- TBA The Man Who Invented Christmas as Charles Dickens
- Dan Stevens was adopted by teacher couples at birth. He grew up in Wales and southeast England.
- He was a rebellious teenager. He confessed in an interview with 'Daily Mail' that he was causing a lot of troubles and was even suspended from school.
- He studied English Literature at Emmanuel College, Cambridge.
- He met his wife, Susie Hariet, in 2006 and they married three years later.
- He was on the panel for the prestigious 'Man Booker Prize' in 2012.
- He began his professional acting career in 2004 through a cast as 'Orlando' in 'Shakespeare's As You Like It', which was produced by Peter Hall. His performance has earned him outstanding reviews from famous critics around Britain and the US as well as a nominee in 'Ian Charleson' Award (2004).
- 'Downton Abbey', the ITV series in which Stevens made a breakthrough as 'Matthew Crawley', has been nominated for several Emmy, BAFTA, Golden Globe and Screen Actors Guild Awards since its debut.
- In 2012, there was a huge uproar from fans upon how his character left 'Downton Abbey', through an out-of-the-blue car crash that killed the popular character.
- He has made a very important step in his acting career by landing a role as 'The Beast'. Many believe that this could be another breakthrough for him.
- He was the subject of a fan campaign to see him cast in Marvel's 'Iron Fist'.
Photos of Dan Stevens: